Ok, so not only did they take him off of the CPAP this morning but they also switched him to 3 hour feeds. So every 3 hours they feed him 30ml (instead of 10ml/hr). Then we had a Drs. appointment for Stefanie this morning and we went to visit Noah in time to give him his first feed!!! He is now on the vaporizer as his breathing apparatus. This machine is like nasal canula but also has added pressure and is humidified to assist in his O2 intake and CO2 release.
To top it all off after Stef fed him again at 5 she got to hold him for quite a while. He opened his eyes during this time and looked at Stef and I. Just checking us out.
He is taking his feeds very well with little to no residuals left over. They put in a pacifier and he sucks on that while the feed is going into his belly. He took to it like a champ
Those of you who participated in the blog poll and guessed that Noah would be between 3lbs 6oz and 3lbs 10oz were right on. Tonight he weighed in at 3lbs 8.8oz, and that's after the CPAP headgear removal. AMAZING.


3 comments:
I am so excited! :-) Keep on truckin' little one! :-))))))
Looking good, Noah!! =-)
OMG he is so CUTE, with his little cap and his eyes open. I am so EXCITED for you guys that he is doing so well and so FAST!!! Take care and I check out your blog daily. I just learned how to leave comments so here goes. Take care and give that little man a big kiss from all of us.
Love ya,
Ash & Crew
Post a Comment