Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to work Daddy

Thats right, I made my first attempt at working again. It's been three weeks, I wasn't sure if I knew how to do it anymore :) but I made a good showing.
Stef went to visit Noah most of the day while I was at work and he was doing very well today. They are weaning the ventilator again and lowered the settings even more while we were there tonight.

Stef would hum "You are my sunshine" which is the song she used to sing to him whilst still pregnant and is the song her grandpa Bowers would sing to her as a little girl. When she would hum his stats would rise and look really good, like he was more peaceful. It was awesome!


He is still weighing in a little over 3lbs. He lost an ounce from last night when he was 3lbs 2oz, a little loss is expected after a big weight gain. He's taking 4ml/hr now so weight should be increasing rapidly. He also got a head scan (which is always on day 10 of a NICU stay) and unofficially it looks good. Official word comes today.

No comments: